Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: LGBT - World Wide
Book & Documentary Sources: LGBT - World Wide
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Call Number: HQ76.8.D48 D36 2005
""[This film] is the first documentary to deeply explore the lives of gay and lesbian people in non-western cultures. Traveling to five different continents, we hear the heartbreaking and triumphant stories of gays and lesbians from Egypt, Honduras, Kenya, Thailand and elsewhere, where most occurrences of oppression receive no media coverage at all.""
Global Social Issues: An Encyclopedia by
Call Number: H41 .G56 2013
"Articles also include essential primary documents, as well as extensive further reading lists, Web sites of notable institutions and organizations, statistical data, and photographs. In all, Global Social Issues provides essential, objective information that enables students to understand and evaluate the major challenges facing human society worldwide and to foster awareness and critical thinking as "global citizens" of the 21st century." -- Publisher.
God Loves Uganda
Call Number: HQ76.3.U33 G633 2014 DVD
"Examines the role played by the American evangelical movement and the International House of Prayer megachurch in the state-sanctioned persecution of homosexuals in Uganda.'
The Lesbian History Sourcebook by
Call Number: HQ75.6.G7 L47 2001
Love and Sex between Women in Britain from 1780 to 1970
"This groundbreaking critical anthology gathers together a wide range of primary source material on lesbian lives in the past. The material here is drawn from a diverse range of sources, including court records, newspaper reports, literary sources, writings on lesbianism from psychologists, doctors, anthropologists, as well as personal letters and journals." Amazon.com
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.