Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: LGBT - Military
Book Sources: LGBT - Military
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
The End of Don't Ask, Don't Tell by
Call Number: UB418.G38 E53 2012
"Featuring 4 reports and 25 personal essays from diverse voices -- both straight and gay -- representing U.S. Marine Corps, Army, Navy, and Air Force veterans and service members..."
The New York Times on Gay and Lesbian Issues by
Call Number: Online - Ebook Central
"... author and gender studies professor Susan Burgess showcases relevant news stories, editorials, and letters to the editor to present the major political, social, and cultural issues that have affected gays and lesbians in the U.S. over the past 150 years. The book includes twelve chapters covering topics such as the Stonewall Uprising, gays in the military, youth and education, and AIDS. Each chapter features an overview of the issue at hand, introduction to each of the articles selected, and profiles of key events and personalities. This unique title allows students and researchers access to authoritative and engaging information, giving historical context to contemporary issues."
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.