Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - LGBT
Book Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - LGBT
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
A Bigger Message: Conversations with David Hockney by
Call Number: N6797.H57 A35 2011
"A record of a decade of private conversations with art critic Martin Gayford, David Hockney reveals via reflection, anecdote, passion and humour the fruits of his lifelong meditations on the problems and paradoxes of representing a three-dimensional world on a flat surface."
David Hockney: A Bigger Picture
Call Number: N6797.H57 D383 2009
"Filmed over three years, this documentary is an unprecedented record of a major artist at work. "
A Bigger Splash
Call Number: ND468 .B544 2006
"1971: the artist David Hockney is well on his way to art world super-stardom. Filmmaker Jack Hazan, camera rolling, follows Hockney from London to New York to Los Angeles--capturing the artist as he struggles to create what would prove to be some of his most enduring works: those featuring Hockney's model and lover, Peter Schlesinger. Straddling the boundary between documentary and fiction, A bigger splash tells the story of Hockney's breakup with Schlesinger and its effect on Hockney, his work, and his close circle of friends"--Container.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.