Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Book Sources: Society
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
The Education of Shelby Knox
Call Number: HQ57.5.T4 E383 2006
"Chronicles the efforts of a concerned teenager to bring sex education to the schools in her conservative Texas hometown."
Laramie Inside Out
Call Number: HV6250.4.H66 L37 2004
"Filmmaker Beverly Seckinger, a native of Laramie, Wyoming, returns to talk with students, teachers, parents, and clergy about the impact Matthew Shepard's murder has had on their community."
The Social Evil in Chicago by
Call Number: Online - free - HathiTrust
a study in existing conditions with recommendations by the Vice commission of Chicago
Do I Sound Gay?
Call Number: HQ76 .D5945 2015
"After a break-up with his boyfriend, journalist David Thorpe embarks on a hilarious and touching journey of self-discovery, confronting his anxiety about "sounding gay". Enlisting acting coaches, linguists, friends, family, total strangers, and celebrities, he quickly learns that many people, both gay and straight, often wish for a different voice. "
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.