Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Sexuality - 1950s
Book Sources: Sexuality - 1950s
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
American Sexual Histories by
Call Number: HQ18.U5 A458 2012
"... collection of sixteen articles by prominent historians and their corresponding primary sources that investigate issues related to human sexuality in America from the colonial era to the present day."
Gay Is Good by
Call Number: HQ75.8.K35 A4 2014
: The Life and Letters of Gay Rights Pioneer Franklin Kameny
The Lesbian History Sourcebook by
Call Number: HQ75.6.G7 L47 2001
Love and Sex between Women in Britain from 1780 to 1970
"This groundbreaking critical anthology gathers together a wide range of primary source material on lesbian lives in the past. The material here is drawn from a diverse range of sources, including court records, newspaper reports, literary sources, writings on lesbianism from psychologists, doctors, anthropologists, as well as personal letters and journals." Amazon.com
Letters to One by
Call Number: HQ76.3.U5 L485 2012
Gay and Lesbian Voices from the 1950s and 1960s
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.