Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Employment & Labor - 1950s
Book Sources: Employment & Labor - 1950s
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
A Day in the Life of an American Worker by
Call Number: HD8066 .D39 2020
Provides readers with a comprehensive survey of the history of work in America
Introduces readers to a variety of occupations that Americans have held, revealing how those jobs changed with the introduction of technology
Includes a variety of primary documents to enliven the past and provide a glimpse into how historians use documents to understand the past
The Effects of Atomic Weapons by
Call Number: UF767 .U594 1950
Prepared for and in cooperation with the U. S. Dept. of Defense and the U. S. Atomic Energy Commission.
Workers Unite!: The American Labor Movement by
Call Number: HD8066 .H55 2011
"Features include a narrative overview, biographies, primary sources, chronology, glossary, bibliography, and index"--Provided by publisher.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.