Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Art - 1950s
Book Sources: Art - 1950s
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
102 Favorite Paintings by
Call Number: ND237.R68 F556
"A selection of paintings including commentaries on each one from the 1920's through the 1960's."
The Americans by
Call Number: E169.Z8 F713 2008
Originally published in French as Les Américains by R. Delpire in 1958.
Marc Chagall and His Times: A Documentary Narrative by
Call Number: N6999.C5 H3 2003
Roots -- Struggling artist, 1900-1918 -- Art and revolution, 1918-1923 -- France between two World wars, 1923-1941 -- Refugee in the United States, 1941-1948 -- Return to France, 1948-1952 -- The last thirty-three years, 1952-1985.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.