Library Mission Statement
Supporting Christopher Newport University’s mission , which calls for providing outstanding academic programs, the Trible Library provides resources and services that support student learning and research, as well as faculty teaching and research.
The library supports learning, teaching and research by
- providing users with the easiest access to the broadest possible array of information sources.
- educating students in the use, evaluation and presentation of information.
- supporting faculty in their teaching and research.
- assisting the faculty in the development of creative and innovative uses of information technology in the classroom.
- engaging in on-going assessment of the role of the academic library in the 21st century.