Records Management Procedures at CNU
ALL ITEMS ARE REQUIRED
1. Fill in Section 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 with the appropriate information for your department.
3. Section 6:
- Part a: list out the schedule number and the series number. (e.g. GS 111-101063)
- Part b: list the title of the record exactly as it appears on the Schedule. (e.g. Academic Counseling: Group Files/Test Results)
- Part c: list the date of the records. (Month/Year - Month/Year)
- Part d: list the location where the records are kept.
- Part e: list the volume/cubic feet size or in bytes for electronic records. (This is required. See the Volume Estimation Table)
- Part f: list the way you plan to destroy the records (burn, shred, etc.)
for methods of destruction for electronic documents please see The Electronic Records Guidelines from the Library of Virginia:
(destruction information begins on page 20 of the guide)
and the LVA Video Destroying Electronic Records
4. Section 7, the approving official would be whoever is in charge of your department.
5. Return the form to the Reference Department in Trible Library.
6. The form will be checked and approved and returned to you (or not approved and returned with corrections)
7. Once you have the approved form, you may destroy the records.
8. The person who handles the destruction of the records must then sign and date line 9 (Records Destroyed By:).
9. Last step: the form must be returned to the Reference Department again.
- We suggest that you keep a copy of the form for your records, but this is not a requirement.
- The Records Managers will send the original form to the Library of Virginia.
- You should not send any forms directly to the Library of Virginia.
- Please forward all forms to the Reference Department of the Trible Library - see contact information below.