Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Film & Radio - the 1910s
Books & DVDs: Film & Radio - the 1910s
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Chaplin's Mutual Comedies : 1916-1917
Call Number: PN1997.A2 C527 2014
"A group of silent comedies produced within an 18 month period, many featuring Chaplin's signature Little Tramp character. The films were digitally assembled and restored in a collaborative effort with Lobster Films in Paris and L'Immagine Ritrovata in Bologna, Italy."
Chaplin at Keystone
Call Number: PN1997.A1 C43 2010
"A collection of 34 restored films."
The Rudolph Valentino Collection
Call Number: PN1995.75 .R836 2009
The married virgin (1918) -- The Sheik (1921) -- Blood and sand (1922) -- Cobra (1925) -- The eagle (1925).
Selected Film Criticism by
Call Number: PN1995 .S426 1982
 1896-1911 --  1912-1920 --  1921-1930 --  1931-1940 --  1941-1950 --  Foreign films, 1930-1950 --  1951-1960.
Seven Silent Films: Lost for a Century
Call Number: PN1995.75 .S48 2012
A fool and his money, 1912
The city of Singapore, 1911
Gertrude Norman film, 1910
The lucky holdup, 1912
The new sign of the Globe Hotel, 1910 Distractions of Foolshead, 1910
The Count of Monte Cristo , 1908
Variety's Film Reviews
Call Number: PN1993 .V36
(Cover courtesy of Open Library http://openlibrary.org/isbn/0835238512)
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.