Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Procedures - Approving Official
- You have received an email indicating you need to approve a form for your department
- Click the Begin Approving button in the email to access the form
- Review the form for accuracy
- Confirm that there are no reasons to delay destruction (audits, subpoenas, FOIA requests, investigations, etc.)
Need to Delay Destruction?
- Flag all items that need correction
- Click the Flag icon next to the item in the record and write the reason for delaying destruction in the pop-up box
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Return for Revision button
- The form will go back to the Form Creator for corrections
Looks Good - No Reason to Delay Destruction!
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click in the Affirmation box and a check mark will appear
- Click the Approve Certificate button
- This sends the form to CNU's Records Manager
No Corrections Needed?
- If you and the CNU Records Manager agree that no corrections are needed then the records can be destroyed
- You don't need to do anything else!
- If you receive an email confirmation once destruction has been completed, delete the email
- If you or the CNU Records Manger require corrections to be made, you will get the form back for approval after corrections have been made
- Please approve and submit the form again to keep the process moving