Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SciFinder Scholar is now SciFinder-n
The Trible Library now subscribes to SciFindern. If you previously had an account for SciFinder Scholar, you will be able to login to SciFindern using the same username and password, no changes necessary.
We strongly encourage you to migrate your saved answers and alerts ("Keep Me Posted") from SciFinder to SciFindern. You can do this by Clicking the Bookmark icon to access the migration feature, found on the Saved Answers page.
Login to SciFinder-n
You must Register first.
(Unless you already had a SciFinder Scholar account)
Access is limited to on campus computers.
A temporary exception is being made due to COVID-19.
Finding Full Text
SciFindern works a little different than our other databases. The link that says "Full Text," doesn't necessarily mean that the full text is available. Clicking on the link brings a drop down menu of options.
For Journal Articles, choose Trible Library Journal Finder to see if we subscribe to the journal.
For Books, choose Trible Library Catalog to see if we own the book.
If access is not available to the item you need, request it through Interlibrary Loan.
SciFindern access is limited to current CNU students, faculty and staff with a CNU email address, logging in from on campus computers.
Register via the link below. You will be able to choose your own username, password, and security question. You must receive an email from SciFindern and follow those instructions in order for your access to be complete. (Note: if you don't receive an email right away, check your spam filter.)
Accessibility details and tech tips are explained below.
Important steps to follow:
- Enter your contact information. You must use your @cnu.edu email address.
- Choose a unique username of 5-15 characters - either letters only, or a combination of letters, numbers, and/or these special characters:
@ (at symbol)
- Choose a unique password containing 7-15 characters with at least three of the following:
- Mixed uppercase and lowercase letters
- Non-alphanumeric characters (examples include @ # % & *)
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer.
- Click Register.
- Open and read the e-mail message from CAS to complete the registration process.
Accessiblity Details and Tech Tips
- SciFindern access is limited to CNU Faculty, Staff, and currently enrolled students.
- It is only accessible from computers on the CNU campus network.
System Requirements and Recommendations
- A PDF reader is required to export and print search results.
- Add https://scifinder-n.cas.org to your browser’s "Trusted Sites" and Pop-up blocker Exceptions lists.