Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Law - Virginia
Book Sources: Law - Virginia
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Criminal Proceedings in Colonial Virginia by
Call Number: KFV2916.R5 A7 1710
(Records of) fines, examination of criminals, trials of slaves, etc. from March 1710 (1711) to (1754), (Richmond County, Virginia) / edited, with an introduction, by Peter Charles Hoffer ; edited and transcribed by William B. Scott.
The Statutes at Large (Virginia) by
Call Number: KFV2425.2 1809
Being a collection of all the laws of Virginia, from the first session of the Legislature in the year 1619
a.k.a. Hening's Statutes at Large
The Statutes at Large of Virginia by
Call Number: KFV2425.2 1792
From October session 1792, to December session 1806 [i.e. 1807] inclusive, in three volumes (new series,) being a continuation of Hening
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.