Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Captain John Smith
Book Sources: Captain John Smith
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
A Description of New England by
Call Number: Online - free - HathiTrust
or, observations and discoveries in the north of America in the year of Our Lord 1614, with the success of six ships that went the next year, 1615
Writings (Captain John Smith) by
Call Number: F229 .S592 2007
with other narratives of Roanoke, Jamestown, and the first English settlement of America / John Smith ; [James Horn selected the texts and wrote the notes for this volume].
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.