Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu
Book Sources: Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
De l'esprit des lois by
Call Number: JC179.M7 D2
[Texte etabli avec introduction, notes et releve de variantes par Gonzague Truc]
Great books of the Western world ; v. 38
Call Number: AC1 .G786 v.38
The spirit of laws, by Charles de Secondat, baron de Montesquieu. [Translated by Thomas Nugent, rev. by J. V. Prichard]
On the origin of inequality. On political economy. The social contract. By Jean Jacques Rousseau. [Translated by G. D. H. Cole]
Lettres Persanes by
Call Number: PQ2011 .L5 1960
[Texte établi, avec introd., bibliographie, notes et relevé de variantes, par Paul Vernière. Édition illustrée de 24 reproductions]
The Spirit of Laws by
Call Number: JC179.M7 D25 N968 1899
Including d'Alembert's analysis of the work. Translated from the French by Thomas Nugent. With a special introd. by Frederic R. Coudert.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.