Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: John Marshall
Book Sources: John Marshall
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
John Marshall's Defense of McCulloch v. Maryland by
Call Number: KF6738.B2 G977 J6
Includes: Marshall's opinion in McCulloch v. Maryland.--A Virginian's "Amphictyon" essays [attributed to W. Brockenbrough]--Marshall's "A Friend to the Union" essays.--Roane' "Hampden" essays.--Marshall's "A Friend of the Constitution" essays.
My Dearest Polly by
Call Number: E302.6.M4 M398 M9
Letters of Chief Justice John Marshall to his wife, with their background, political and domestic, 1779-1831.
The Papers of John Marshall by
Call Number: E302.M36 P2
Herbert A. Johnson, editor ; Charles T. Cullen, associate editor ; Nancy G. Harris ... [et al.], assistant editors.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.