Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Organizations
Book Sources: Organizations
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Call Number: E185.615 .A788 2011
The Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee in Arkansas
In Search of Democracy by
Call Number: E185.61 .I513 1999
The NAACP Writings of James Weldon Johnson, Walter White, and Roy Wilkins (1920-1977)
Tearing Down the Color Bar by
Call Number: HD6515.R362 B768 1989
A Documentary History and Analysis of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
The Sixties Papers: Documents of a Rebellious Decade by
Call Number: HN65 .S563 1984
The former movement leaders, Judith Albert and Stewart Albert "tell it like it was", presenting material generated by the social protest movements. Challenging the prevailing view that the decade failed to produce influential enduring ideas, the authors demonstrate that the new left and counterculture produced a coherent body of critical thought about the nature of American society.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.