Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: 2nd Sino-Japanese War
Book Sources: 2nd Sino-Japanese War
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
China Reporting: An Oral History of American Journalism in the 1930's and 1940's by
Call Number: DS777.533.P825 U65 1987
"In 1982, a group of reporters and diplomats who had been in China between 1930 and 1950 met in Scottsdale, Ariz., to discuss press coverage of events in those years. Among them were John Hersey, John Fairbank and Annalee Jacoby Fadiman. These excerpts from the conference transcript suggest that those attending generally praised what they perceived to be their objectivity and ability to overcome censorship. "
Echoes of Chongqing: Women in Wartime China by
Call Number: DS777.533.W65 L5 2010
"This collection of annotated oral histories records the personal stories of twenty Chinese women who lived in the wartime capital of Chongqing during China's War of Resistance against Japan during World War II."
Peace and War, United States Foreign Policy, 1931-1941 by
Call Number: E744.U58 P3
"On January 2, 1943 the Department of state released a publication entitled 'Peace and war: United States foreign policy, 1931-1941,' containing references to a number of documents concerning the conduct of the foreign relations of the United States during that ten-year period. It was stated at the time that these documents would be published later. They are accordingly published herein, together with a reprint of the publication released on January 2."--Foreword.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.