Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - WWII
Book Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - WWII
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Dr. Seuss & Co. Go to War by
Call Number: D745.2 .S25 2009
The World War II Editorial Cartoons of America's Leading Comic Artists
Cartoons drawn for the New York daily newspaper PM.
Dr. Seuss Goes to War by
Call Number: D745.2 .G45 2001
The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
Willie and Joe: Back Home by
Call Number: NC1429.M428 A4 2011
edited by Todd DePastino
Chronicles the disillusionments that World War II soldiers faced, in a book that features the dozens of cartoons that were censored by the author's syndicate for their attacks on racial segregation and McCarthy-style "witch hunts."
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.