Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - WWI
Book Sources: Visual & Fine Arts - WWI
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
War Diary of a Combat Artist by
Call Number: Online - EBSCO
"This diary was written by Harry Everett Townsend, an artist who was commissioned a captain in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and sent to France in 1918 to record on canvas the events of the U.S. involvement in the Great War." Editor's Note from the Book
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.