Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Literature - World War I
Book Sources: Literature - World War I
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
The African Queen (print book) by
Call Number: PR6011.O56 A8
"First published in 1935, C.S. Forester's classic romantic adventure is a tale of opposites attracted. Allnut and Rose, a disreputable Cockney and an English spinster missionary, wend their way down a river in Central Africa in a rickety, asthmatic steam launch, and are gradually joined together in a mission of retaliation against the Germans. Fighting time, heat, malaria and bullets, the two have a dramatic rapprochement before the explosive ending of the book. This tale of unlikely love is thrilling and funny and ultimately satisfying. " Amazon.com
A Farewell to Arms by
Call Number: PS3515.E37 F2
A work of fiction based on Hemingway's real life experiences from World War I.
In our Time: Stories by
Call Number: PS3515.E37 I5 1970
A collection of Hemingway's short stories including A Soldier's Home about a soldier returning home from WWI
Men at War by
Call Number: PN6071.W35 H46 1979
An anthology of war stories chosen by Hemingway.
The Sun also Rises by
Call Number: PS3515.E37 S9
"Set in Paris and Spain in the 1920s, the novel deals with a group of aimless expatriates, most of whom suffer psychological and physical wounds as a result of World War I. "
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.