Do your students need help conducting research? Library instruction is available to any class offered at CNU. Instruction sessions can cover a specific library database or review general research skills. A librarian will work with you to customize the session to meet your goals. Librarians can help students:
- Become familiar with library resources, spaces, and assistance to reduce library anxiety
- Learn research strategies for successful searches throughout the Library’s catalog and databases
- Focus a research topic and develop key search terms
- Distinguish primary from secondary sources
- Distinguish between scholarly, popular, and journalistic sources
- Sessions can take place in the Trible Library's classroom (Room 170), your classroom, or online synchronous
- The duration of the session can vary based on need and multiple sessions may be reserved, if desired
- Additional support through asynchronous methods (creation of an online guide; online tutorial, etc.) is also availble upon request
- Instruction requests should be made at least one week prior to the requested date
- Professors should plan to attend and participate in the session
- Provide the syllabus and/or specific assignment associated with the class visit
- Articulate clear learning objectives with the librarian
Upon completion of the form, a librarian will contact you in a timely manner to discuss plans for the session.
For questions or additional information, please contact Matt Shelley (email@example.com).