Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- This guide is designed to provide access to textbooks available as ebooks that CNU students can access through the library.
- This is not all textbooks
- You can always check the online catalog (to the right) and see if we have your textbook in print or on reserve for your class.
- If you are off campus please review instructions below on how to access the book.
Accessing ebooks via the online catalog from off campus (except O'Reilly Platform titles)
CNU Only Access
- On Campus access is available to anyone
- Off campus access is only for current CNU Students, Faculty, Staff, and Life Long Learners
- Click the Link that says Connect to this resource online
- A box should ask you to login.
- Use your last name to login and use your library barcode number from your CNU id card (Captains Card) as the password.
Don't have your barcode yet?
- Most users should be able to use 20 or 2000 in front of your id number, for a total of 10 digits.
- If this does not work then you are not registered with the library.
- Please go to the Circulation Desk and ask to be entered into the system; then you can access the databases from off campus.
For example: 2000001960
Need More Help?
Contact: email@example.com you can also reach us by chat, text, and phone
Please contact us and have the following information available:
- The name of the book you are trying to access
- Your name
- Your id number
- Your computer operating system
- The type of browser you are using
- If you received an error message please provide it
We may have to look into the problem further and will contact you once we have resolved the issue.
Search Course Reserves
- Your professor may have a put a personal print copy of a textbook or a print copy owned by the library on reserve.
- Use the links below to search by Course or Professor name.
O'Reilly Platform e-books off campus access
Are you off campus?
You must have created an account for off campus access while you were on campus!
- If you are prompted to select an institution please select: Not Listed? Click Here.
- Click the link that says Already a user? Click here.
- Sign in with your CNU email and the password you created.
- Use the forgot password link if needed
Download the app called "O'Reilly" from the Play Store or the Apple Store