Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Oral Histories
Book Sources: Oral Histories
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Coming Through by
Call Number: F277.W33 C66 2008
Voices of a South Carolina Gullah Community from WPA Oral Histories
Country Women Cope with Hard Times: A Collection of Oral Histories by
Call Number: HQ1438.S6 C68 2004
Through her edited interviews with these women, Melissa Walker provides firsthand descriptions of the influence of modernization on ordinary people struggling through the agricultural depression of the 1920s and 1930s and its aftermath. Their oral histories make plain the challenges such women faced and the self-sacrificing ways they found to confront hardship.
Remembering the Great Depression in the Rural South by
Call Number: F215 .B58 2007
"With this collection of more than 600 oral histories recalling the Great Depression, Bindas provides a detailed, personal chronicle of the 1930s from a rural Southern perspective and captures a historical era and its meaning. "
Speaking History: Oral Histories of the American Past, 1865-present by
Call Number: E661 .S64 2009
"American voices. Included here are fascinating, often moving accounts of everything from slavery to protest movements, world wars to work and leisure, forming a detailed mosaic of American life in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. "
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.