Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Common-Place Books
Book Sources: Common-Place Books
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
A Common-Place Book of the Fifteenth Century by
Call Number: Online - free - HathiTrust Digital Library
Containing a religious play and poetry, legal forms, and local accounts / printed from the original manuscript at Brome Hall, Suffolk
Edited with notes by Lucy Toulmin Smith
Call Number: Online - free - Harvard Open Collections
"Written in Germany in several unidentified hands in littera bastarda with headings and colored initials in red.
The poems are dated by Eckehard Simon to 1444-1476.
Recipes in German and Latin written in a later hand and dated 1534. Also contains proverbs, maxims and medical recipes. "
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.