Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SciFinder Scholar is being replaced
The Trible Library now subscribes to SciFindern.
If you previously had an account for SciFinder Scholar, you will be able to login to SciFindern using the same username and password, no changes necessary.
Go to the SciFindern page for the *new* Login location and further information.
SciFinder Scholar access will be discontinued in Fall 2020.
Login to SciFinder Scholar
to SciFinder Scholar
You must Register first.
Access is limited to on campus computers.
A temporary exception is being made due to COVID-19.
Using SciFinder Scholar
SciFinder Scholar access is limited to registered users - current students, faculty and staff at CNU, logging in from on campus computers.
You must register first, and have a current CNU email address for SciFinder Scholar access. Access is limited to on campus computers.
Register via the link below. You will be able to choose your own username, password, and security question. You must receive an email from SciFinder Scholar and follow those instructions in order for your access to be complete. (Note: if you don't receive an email right away, check your spam filter.)
Accessibility details and tech tips are explained below.
SciFinder Scholar Registration click to register
Important steps to follow:
- Enter your contact information. You must use your @cnu.edu email address.
- Choose a unique username containing 5-15 characters - either letters only, or a combination of letters, numbers, and/or these special characters:
@ (at symbol)
- Choose a unique password containing 7-15 characters with at least three of the following:
- Mixed uppercase and lowercase letters
- Non-alphanumeric characters (examples include @ # % & * !)
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer.
- Click Register.
- Open and read the e-mail message from CAS to complete the registration process.
Accessiblity Details and Tech Tips
- SciFinder Scholar access is limited to CNU Faculty, Staff, and currently enrolled students.
- It is only accessible from computers on the CNU campus network.
- After 15 minutes of inactivity, you will be logged off.
- SciFinder Scholar is available 24 hours, except:
-Saturday 10pm – Sunday 1am
-The first Saturday of each month, unavailable from Saturday 5pm – Sunday 1am
- If you have a popup blocker, either turn it off or add the following two sites to your "popups allowed" list: scifinder.cas.org and chemport.cas.org
- See the SciFinder Scholar online training and support web site that provides tutorials, how-to guides, and an interactive demo
- When seeing if we have the full text of an item, if the Chemport brings you to the Library Catalog, the item cited is not a journal article. You can check the catalog and request the item through Interlibrary Loan if we do not have it.