Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Wounded Knee Massacre
Book Sources: Wounded Knee Massacre
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
After Wounded Knee by
Call Number: Online - EBSCO
edited, and with an introduction by Jerry Green
"Correspondence of Major and surgeon John Vance Lauderdale while serving with the army occupying the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, 1890-1891."
Competing Voices from Native America by
Call Number: E77 .C743 2009
A selection of short primary-source accounts from a variety of sources, including newspaper reports, Congressional documents, government documents, and Indian tribal sources, highlighting conflicts and controversies and presenting the opposing views of Native and non-Native Americans.
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.