Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Notable Legislation - Civil Rights
Online Sources: Civil Rights Law
Book Sources: Laws - Civil Rights
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Jim Crow Laws by
Call Number: KF4757 .T57 2012
"Primary source documents, including Supreme Court decisions and W.E.B DuBois’s 1947 "Statement on the Denial of Human Rights to Minorities in the Case of Citizens of Negro Descent in the United States of America and an Appeal to the United Nations for Redress"" Description from ABCClio
Religion on Trial by
Call Number: KF4865 .J87 2004
a handbook with cases, laws, and documents
The Voting Rights Act of 1965 by
Call Number: JK1924 .H55 2009
"Features include a narrative overview, biographies, primary source documents, chronology, glossary, bibliography, and index"
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.