Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: North America
Book Sources: North America
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Explorers of the American East by
Call Number: E121 .C578 2019
"Contains some 100 primary source documents that include ledgers, travel accounts, autobiographies, official reports, memoirs, logbooks, patents, letters, articles of agreement, and corporate minutes"
Exploring the Northwest Territory by
Call Number: F1060.7 .M1773 1966
Sir Alexander Mackenzie's Journal of a Voyage by Bark Canoe from Lake Athabasca to the Pacific Ocean in the Summer of 1789
Exploring with Frémont by
Call Number: F592.P943 E9
the private diaries of Charles Preuss, cartographer for John C. Frémont on his first, second, and fourth expeditions to the Far West. Translated and edited by Erwin G. and Elisabeth K. Gudde.
New Democracy in America by
Call Number: E164.M672 N5
Travels of Francisco de Miranda in the United States, 1783-84. Translated by Judson P. Wood.
Works Issued by the Hakluyt Society
Call Number: Various
"Founded in 1846, the Hakluyt Society seeks to advance knowledge and education by the publication of scholarly editions of primary records of voyages, travels and other geographical material."
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.