Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Sources: Exploration - General Sources
Book Sources: Exploration - General Sources
- A selection of books/e-books available in Trible Library.
- Click the title for location and availability information.
Voyages and Travels: Ancient and Modern
Call Number: AC1 .H339 v.33
An account of Egypt, by Herodotus, tr. by G.C. Macaulay.--Tacitus on Germany, tr. by T. Gordon.--Sir Francis Drake revived, ed. by P. Nichols.--Sir Francis Drake's famous voyage around the world, by F. Pretty.--Drake's great Armada, by Captain W. Biggs.--Sir Humphrey Gilbert's voyage to Newfoundland, by E. Hayes.--The discovery of Guiana, by Sir W. Raleigh
Works Issued by the Hakluyt Society
Call Number: Various
"Founded in 1846, the Hakluyt Society seeks to advance knowledge and education by the publication of scholarly editions of primary records of voyages, travels and other geographical material."
Search for More
- Suggested terms to look for include - diary, diaries, letters, papers, documents, documentary or correspondence.
- Combine these these terms with the event or person you are researching. (example: civil war diary)
- Also search by subject for specific people and events, then scan the titles for those keywords or others such as memoirs, autobiography, report, or personal narratives.